Long Range 2
Long Range 2 is taught over a three-day period and can be taken immediately following successful completion of LR1. Participants will begin with confirming zero at known distances, then work into the challenges of shooting at unknown distances reaching or exceeding 1500 yards.
This class is for the .308 up to .50 caliber rifles only. Rental rifles may be available to be used during this course.
*THOR’s Long Range 1 is a prerequisite for this course.
Course topics include:
- External ballistics
- Data collection
- Range estimation
- Wind estimation
- Live fire on unknown-distance range
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and generally lasts until 5:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 5:30 p.m.)
- ELR rifle (zeroed at 100 yards)
- A minimum of 150 rounds of ammunition (ammunition is also available for purchase when you register)
- Tactical scope (ranging reticle recommended)
- Shooting mat
- Notebook and pencil
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Sand sock/ Rear bag
- Knee and elbow pads
- Spotting scope
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
As with all our training, you can also contract THOR to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off-site lodging is currently available. On-site lodging will be available in the near future. Please contact us for more details.