Carbine 2 is a two-day course for participants to become skillful operators of the carbine rifle while manipulating and maneuvering under field conditions using the terrain, barriers, stable or non-stable shooting positions. This will move into more complex shooting scenarios, drills, and courses of fire from Carbine 1.
This class is for the AR platform. Rental rifles may be available for use during this course.
*THOR’s Carbine 1 is a prerequisite for this course. If you have another similar course certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to possibly obtain a waiver from Carbine 1.
Class begins at 8:00 a.m. and generally lasts 4:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 4:30 p.m.)
Course topics include:
- Malfunctions/Malfunction clearance
- Zeroing techniques
- Basic Fundamentals of shooting
- External ballistics
- Practical shooting drills involving barricades, standing, kneeling, and prone
- Sights (red dot, low-powered variable optic, or iron sights)
- A minimum of 800 rounds of ammunition, no green tip, AP, or steel core.
- 3 magazines with a minimum of 1 wearable magazine pouch
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Chest rig/ plate carrier
- Knee and elbow pads
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
As with all our training, you can also contract THOR to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact Info@thorgdg.com.
Off-site lodging is currently available. On-site lodging will be available in the near future. Please contact us for more details.